Saturday, July 31, 2010

Starting a New Day

Being disabled it is sometimes hard to get a day started. That is; getting ones body to do what having normal abilities don’t half to think about.
You know like putting your own shoes on or fixing breakfast for yourself. Sounds hard huh; well sometimes the simplest thing can be a chore. Trying to figure out different ways to help yourself sometime takes a lot of thinking as one tries to move their bodies in order to do the things other don’t even have to think about. I have found the more I can do for myself the less dependent I need to be on others. It had been nearly two years since I had been able to put my shoes on without assistance. I know that may not sound like much to most but to me it was a blessing. I wanted to share this because I want those out there to know that there is hope that sometime you may be able to do different things too; just don’t give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment